Blogger Widget

søndag den 10. februar 2019

”The Cure, or Sting are negative because it’s so artificial and takes you nowhere”. I bedste poesibog stil…


Fra det kortlivede engelske musikmagasin ’Underground’. Efter en hurtig udregning må årstallet være 1987.

“1. Full name
2. Age and date of birth
3. Previous bands
4. What do you think you’re most famous for?
5. If you weren’t such a famous mega-star, what would be the job you’d least like to do?
6. Favourite hobby
7. Favourite album of your own
8. Favourite album of all time
9. Who would you most like to collaborate with (alive or dead)
10. If you could see justice done in one situation in the world, where would you choose?
11. If you don’t believe in reincarnation, what do you believe in?
12. Favourite time of the day?
13. Favourite waste of time
14. What do you love most about America?
15. What do you love most about Britain?
16. What do you hate most about what journalists say about you?
17. What would you like to eat tonight?
18. What records are you currently listening to?
19. Next release
20. Predictions for the future

Henry Rollins

1. Henry Rollins
2. 26; 13/2/61
3. Black Flag, SOA
4. I play hard, I scream loud. Black Flag, a band that might have influenced people to form at band
5. Have a boss and work from 9 to 5. The straight thing
6. Doing this, writing and being on the road
7. My new one, Lifetime
8. Funhouse by The Stooges
9. I am collaborating with Lydia Lunch already, som maybe Wagner, because he was into crash-bang-boom! Also Nietsche
10. I´d like to see policemen and police forces brought to trial and exposed for how much they break the law they’re supposed to obey. As Nietsche said, “with much justice, comes a sense of revenge”. Cops brought to trial for beating up women, smacking kids, flushing 15 year old boys’ heads down toilets, stuff like that
11. Life and Death
12. Early morning, because when I can wrench myself out of bed and can get an early start on the day and see the sun come up, I usually have a very productive day.
13. Daydreaming, like you’re riding to a show and you just space out. I’ve made my head a very nice place to go.
14. Probably the convenience aspect - everywhere stays open all the time and I don’t have to walk a mile to a phone that works, like in Britain. Also the geography - if you want desert, or swamp, or forest, you’ve got it.
15. What the geography has done to the people in it. You lot don’t get enough sunshine, fresh air, fresh fruit and vegetables. You can’t stretch your arms here. Also, in the urban parts, it’s very hellish and depressing. I’m surprised you don’t have more youth gangs, youth murders and youth suicides.
16. When they say I’m negative, which is the last thing I am. To me, The Cure or Sting are negative because it’s so artificial and takes you nowhere. When I wrte a song about feeling like I wanna blow myself off, and dealing with that feeling, I’m seen as negative, just because I don’t believe in hope, but in going out and making things happen.
17. A righteous vegetarian meal
18. Lightning Hopkins, John Lee Hooker, Muddy Waters, Madonna, Sonic Youth, Hendrix, Velvet Underground, Gun Club.
19. The collaboration with Lydia, and many more
20. A general swing to the right in America. We’re going to go back to Lenny-Bruce-in-handcuffs times.

Eugene Chadbourne

1. Eugene Alexander Chadbourne
2. 33; 4/1/56
3. The Moslems, Daytop Village, Colorado Boys, The Chadbournes, Western Music Improvisation Co., 300 Statues, 400 Statues, Twins, Shockabilly, Son Of Shockabilly, Psychedelic Basement
4. The invention of the electric rake
5. The army
6. Gardening
7. My next album, Camper van Chadbourne
8. Bitches Brew by Miles Davis
9. Willie Nelson
10. … …. the Eastern European countries …. in open economic exchange system, plus have the American government apologize to Fidel Castro
11. I believe in reincarnation. The lady said to me I had been executed in the French revolution in a previous life
12. Four o’clock in the morning because if you’re awake, no-one else is.
13. Going through immigration and custom an passport control
14. Probably the landscape in the West
15. ….. …. Margaret Thatcher, she’s pretty …. …. immigration control reflects her …..
16.
17. My own cooking, because I’ve been away from home. Nice fresh vegetables and …..
18. Polish Country & western records. ….. radio, the sound of USSR and USA joining each other’s broadcast. Great montages of sound.
19. A …. record, called Kill Eugene, plus an …. …. all my songs and half Tim Buckleys recorded with some Camper Van Beethoven.
20. That home taping will not destroy the music industry

Alex Chilton

1. William Alexander Chilton
2. 36; 28/1/50
3. The Deviles, The Box Tops, Big Star, Panther Burns
4. Singing The Letter
5. I’ve probably done it - janitor , dishwasher, and cab driver…I don’t think I can go much lower than that
6. Reading
7. The new one, High Priest
8. The genius of Ray Charles
9. Wreckless Eric, I just love his live stuff on that Live Stiffs LP
10. South Africa
11. Astrology
12. The morning - you wake up in the morning and …. Fresh and the air is clean
13. Hanginmg around the house
14. The sprawl of the place, plus the variety, so many different kinds of climate. The fact that it’s not so crowded.
15. The fact that English people in general can be …….. snotty and snobby to Americans
16. When they use the words ‘shimmering’ or ……… or ‘textured’ when talking about Big Star records - their lack of being able to write about music without using those terms. The way that if you’re working with somebody, and you decide to work with someone else, writers tend to make it into big hassle or falling out, like when Chris Bell left Big Star. It’s so often not the case at all
17. Lamb chops
18. Nelson Riddle’s Theme From Route 66, the TV show, and nothing to do with the other song. Chanson D’ Amour by Art and Doddy Todd. No favourite album though
19. Good question
20. Calfornia will fall into the sea, nuclear war, economic disaster"

Ingen kommentarer: