Blogger Widget

fredag den 20. januar 2017

Sangskriverprocesser….


“I write mostly when the urge strikes. But I do write something every day. It might be something I read in a book or a poem that I looked at. I might write down exactly what I read, or I might write down the thoughts I have about those words. It could even be the name of a place that I see in my travels. That's often the most beautiful thing: finding a word in its natural habitat, seeing a place name and understanding that it is the signifier for a place that I'm passing through. There are also certain writers I will revisit, and those writers give me that little tweak that I find dependable, that tweak that keeps me writing and thinking.”

- M.C. Taylor alias Hiss Golden Messenger til siden Songwriters On Process.

Her finder man også interessante interview med folk som Mac McCaughan fra Superchunk, Jay Gonzalez, der er med i koncertaktuelle Drive-By Truckers (Amager Bio / 9. marts), Richard Buckner, Bethany Cosentino fra Best Coast, Chis Difford fra Squeeze, Craig Finn fra The Hold Steady, Adam Granduciel fra The War On Drugs, Rhett Miller fra Old 97s, Sonny Smith fra Sonny & The Sunsets, Kurt Wagner fra Lambchop med mange flere.

Slutter af med et citat af David Kilgour fra The Clean, The Heavy Eights mv., der fortæller hvad han gør, når det hele er gået i hårdknude:

“I'll tell you what does help: marijuana.  I smoke a joint, and boy, marijuana has given me a lot of great music. I don't do it as much anymore, but I have used it as a boost to creativity or to get me more excited to work on something that I've been working on for a long time.  It allows me to work on a piece of music over and over again, and it makes that music still sound fresh.  It lets the mind fly a little bit.”


Øverste: The Clean. David Kilgour flankeret af Robert Scott og Hamish Kilgour.

Ingen kommentarer: